Sunday, February 13, 2011

Poem

Outside my window a new day I see,
and only I can determine what kind of day it will be.
It can be busy and sunny, laughing and gay,
or boring and cold, unhappy and gray.
My own state of mind is the determining key,
for I’m only the person I’ll let myself be.
I can be thoughtful and do all I can to help,
or be selfish and think just of myself.
I can enjoy what I do and make it seem fun,
or gripe and complain and make it hard on someone.
I can be patient with those who may not understand
or belittle and hurt them as much as I can.
But I have faith in myself, and believe what I say,
and I personally intend to make the best of each day.
author unknown

When I was in fifth grade my teacher had us memorize this poem. I like it a lot. The end.

4 comments:

The Bredthauers said...

Hi Kristen, this is Stacy (Gregory) from your 4th-6th grade class. I was looking at my friend's blog today (Meagan Knudson Aldrige) and saw your name under her friend's blogs, so I clicked on it and it's you! Small world, right? I always wonder what happened to everyone from our class, and I'm glad I found you! The only person I've really kept in contact with is Tony Mercer.
Anyway, I just thought I'd say HI! Have a good one :)
-Stacy
P.S. I love that poem!

Eric said...

I like this poem too, oh and this place is oh so orange, which I like as well. Love you babe!

Kristen said...

Wow! Stacy! It's so good to here from you! Crazy that you know Megan. We were in the same ward at BYU. What are you up to these days? I'm a first year grad student at Emory University in Atlanta, GA. I'm loving it. Hope you are doing well!

~Kristen

The Bredthauers said...

Kristen -
I'm going to find you on facebook. I know Meagan from our BYU semester at Nauvoo. She's so fun :) I'm at Utah State University right now. My husband got accepted to chiropractic school in Iowa so we'll be moving there in June. I'll do my student teaching out there. I'm majoring in dual Elementary Ed. and Early Childhood Ed, and it's about time I graduated! (That's what happens when you transfer schools and change majors).
Good to hear from you! Good luck with grad school - that's awesome!

Post blind date

Post blind date