Thursday, November 18, 2010

You've got a friend in me :)

I can't think of anything much worse than losing a friend. Well, that's not really true. I guess there are lots of things worse than losing a friend. Like genocide and people starving to death. So, I guess what I mean is, I don't think that I've dealt with many things that are harder than having a close friend decide that they don't want to be a part of your life anymore. I know that makes it sound like I haven't gone through much. I probably haven't and I'm okay with that :).

I've just been thinking about friendship a lot lately. About times that I've let people down and times that I've been let down. The more that I think about it the more I realize that people aren't perfect. We let each other down. We say and think things that we shouldn't. And yet, if we limited our friendships only to those people who were perfect friends we wouldn't have any at all. My new goal is to be a more tolerant friend. Someone who is more charitable. And I can only hope for charity in return. Because I am one of the most flawed people I know. I am constantly making mistakes. And if I make so many mistakes how can I expect others not to?

On a lighter note, I hate baking. It's true. With cooking I can just throw caution to the wind. Throw in a little of this and a little of that and it is always delicious. Tried that with baking today... Not so successful. Anyone want some gross pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?

No comments:

Post blind date

Post blind date