Saturday, February 21, 2009

The fences are down

Well, I don't think anyone is actually reading this, which is a little bit of a relief since it's just my random mutterings. I posted a few days ago that I was giving up on the chase but I really didn't. And here's the deal. Seven years ago I fell in love with a pretty great guy. We dated for awhile and I was stuck. We broke up and, being fickle teenagers, didn't talk for several months. When our friendship was rekindled I realized that I still had strong feelings for this boy. He happened to be dating a girl who had become one of my best friends. Obviously I couldn't tell him or her or anyone except my one best friend how I felt. So I kept it inside and I slowly began to build walls to keep the hurt out. So, all through high school and my first couple years of college I was safe; safe from feeling alone and rejected. Sure I had a few crushes during those years but I never let my guard down. I had the wonderful opportunity to serve a mission. That was really safe - lock your heart. Then I came home. I moved into a university ward and started school and work again. Because of an amazing mom who followed the Spirit, I ended up with the best roommate ever! She's my best friend and she immediately started working on the wall. I don't know how she did it but she got me to hope again. And then the inevitable happened. I didn't really mean to fall in love with him but I did. He was/is everything that I want and more than I deserve. For months I hoped and prayed that one day he would realize that the girl he was looking for was me. But, it didn't happen. So a few weeks ago I realized that I needed to move on. And I'm trying really hard but I don't know how to put the fence back up. I don't know if I even want to. But I hate feeling so vulnerable all the time. I'm just so tired of never being good enough. I know that I have flaws, many of them. I just wish that for once someone could look past all that and see who I'm trying to be. Well, this is long and rambling and I probably shouldn't post it but I'm going to anyway. Goodnight.

3 comments:

kmmclain said...

You are awesome. Sometimes the men in our lives are just clueless to see the good things in front of them! Don't worry, he is out there. He will probably sneak up on you when you least expect it. He will be one lucky guy!

Hang in there! Your beautiful inside and out!

Kristen said...

Thanks Kelly! I really appreciate it.

I miss you guys! If you guys ever need a babysitter let me know. I'd love to come take care of your cute kids :) Hope you guys are feeling better!!! Love you!

kmmclain said...

I'm always looking for a babysitter. I will definitely give you a call.
I hope school is going well. Have you heard anything from CDC?

Post blind date

Post blind date